A somewhat comprehensive list of tools, apps, hardware, and more that I use on a daily basis to design and code things.
- Figma is my primary tool for UI design these days. Made the switch from InVision in 2019 and haven't looked back. I've also created a few plugins that you can install.
- Any motion graphics I create are created in Adobe After Effects. So far I haven't found a non-Adobe product that's as good. If anyone has suggestions please message me.
- For any 3D models I use Blender. Since 2.8 it's become way simpler to use and in a lot of ways better than expensive paid tools like 3DS Max or Maya.
- I use Visual Studio Code as my text editor, with the Atom One Dark theme and Jetbrains Mono as my typeface of choice.
- Firefox Development Edition is my main browser for both development and general use.
- For 3D effects and image shaders I use three.js. It has a bit of a learning curve but you can do some really powerful stuff with it. I have a few experiments and articles about it.
- For CSS I've used a myriad pre-processors and css-in-js solutions like styled-components, but these days I'm using vanilla CSS with PostCSS to get upcoming CSS features today.
- For building and testing UI components in isolation I use Storybook. Check out the storybook for this website.
- My PC is a custom built RTX 2070, AMD RYZEN 7 3800X, ASUS STRIX B450-I build with a 1TB NVME SSD and a EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 power supply.
- I use a Lewitt LCT 440 Pure microphone and a Focusrite Scarlett Solo for audio recording.
- For musical works, I use a Fender Telecaster into a Deluxe Reverb for guitar parts and a Yamaha Preface CS for synth parts.
- I use Beyderdynamic 770 Pro headphones for playback.